SAVE NOW: 20% off your purchase at Uncle Bud's using code: IG20
With shopping lists to check off, food to prepare, budgets to keep, and people to please, we often get so caught up in the details of trying to make everything perfect that we forget to take care of ourselves and our pets. Be sure to prepare your pets for the bustle with Uncle Bud’s Hemp Dog Deodorizer and your guests will also be pleased with the pleasant scent of your pups. The holidays can and should be enjoyable to you too! There are plenty of ways to increase the zen and decrease the anxiety during this year’s holiday season. Here are some big areas where you can infuse some simplicity and reduce stress this holiday season:
1. Events: Overscheduling is one of the main things that can quickly lead to burnout during the holiday season. You don’t need to schedule a bunch of complicated, holiday-themed outings to have fun. Plan simple activities for your family that are close to home. Cuddling up on the couch for a Christmas movie, or blasting holiday music and taking a drive around town to look at the lights can be just as fun.
2. Gifts: When it comes to buying gifts for neighbors, acquaintances, teachers, and distant family, buy the same thing, and buy it in bulk. A small candle, a simple ornament, a festive hand-soap are great options to stock up on for simple, yet thoughtful gifts.
3. Gift Wrapping: If you don’t want to spend time on gift-wrapping…don’t! Whether you buy gifts on the internet or in a store, most places will gladly wrap your gifts for a small fee. You can also buy nice-looking but affordable gift bags and tissue paper, which makes the process foolproof, quick, and still looking festive.
4. Food: If you are in charge of preparing a lot of food, ask for help. If that's not a possibility, consider buying food from a bakery or restaurant. If you must cook, find easy, beginner-level recipes that won't take up your entire day to prepare. You don't need to slave away over complicated, fancy recipes to make great-tasting food.
5. Free Time: We are so quick to schedule time for others, but rarely do we clear a block of time for ourselves. At the beginning of each week during this holiday season, sit down with your planner or calendar and see where you can fit in some time to relax at home and enjoy yourself. Whether it's sitting by the tree, reading a book, taking a bath and enjoying a Uncle Bud's Hemp Facial Scrub, or having some one-on-one time with a family member, scheduling downtime on your calendar is a great way to make sure you have time to slow down and enjoy the holidays.
The holidays go by in a flash, but a little mindfulness can help you live in the moment and enjoy this special time of year. Take time this season to slow down. You deserve to enjoy the holidays and make happy, stress-free memories with your loved ones. It’s nice to give to others during the holiday season, but we shouldn’t forget to give ourselves the gift of time and relaxation. If you take good care of yourself, your holidays will be less stressful and more fun. After all, you deserve to enjoy some silent nights!