Ignite your little one’s imagination by building this easy leprechaun trap –– if you can catch one, they must give you three wishes to be released! Even if you can’t catch one of the sneaky creatures, you may be lucky enough to find the glittery green footprints they leave behind!
There’s two yummy recipes for this leprechaun bait: a sweet one and a healthy one!
Here’s what you’ll need for the sweet recipe:
- 1 cup of chex mix
- 1 cup of popcorn
- 1 cup of pretzels
- ½ cup of marshmallows
- ½ cup of M&Ms
- 8 ounces of melted white chocolate
- Green sprinkles
- Green food coloring
- Combine chex mix, popcorn, pretzels, marshmallows and M&Ms in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the white chocolate on low heat until smooth and creamy –– about 30 seconds in a microwave should do.
- Stir green food coloring into the white chocolate and pour the mixture over the dry ingredients.
- Stir until all ingredients are evenly coated in white chocolate.
- Using wax paper, spread the mixture out and top with green sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for 10–15 minutes or let dry naturally, then serve!
- 1 cucumber
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 bunch of celery
- 1 green apple (optional)
- 1 cup of green grapes (optional)
- Favorite veggie dip or dressing
- Slice cucumber, bell pepper, celery and fruits into thin pieces.
- Combine ingredients and place in a small bag or on a tray.
- Add your favorite dressing or veggie dip and enjoy!
After mixing your ingredients together, don’t forget to wrap them up using one of the leprechaun bait tags! These little printables come with rhymes and riddles to entice a leprechaun into your trap. They also make great writing practice for your little ones!
Once your bait is finished, you can start building your printable trap! This adorable leprechaun house is sure to catch one of the sneaky creatures and will offer your kids a chance to make something all on their own! Great for working on fine motor skills and STEM learning, this leprechaun house will keep kids busy as they construct and decorate!
The finished bait and printable trap make the perfect St. Patrick’s Day decor for your home. This fun project will keep the magic of childhood strong and help your little one develop important skills at the same time! Enjoy making this fun project on your St. Patty’s Day this year!
Yum, this is so cute for St Pat's and looks delish. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete