First things first, get your best Grinch scowl in place and pull out the Pyrex baking dish that is buried from the summer salad meal plan. You can toss that low calorie attitude away because IT IS THE HOLIDAYS!
Grab a box of brownie mix, mint Oreo cookies, white chocolate chips, heavy cream, peppermint extract, green food coloring and red hots on your next trip to the grocer. Gather the family in the kitchen and get to a bit of food fun.
Simply follow the directions below to recreate this tasty treat. Perfect for school functions, church gathers and teacher gifts!
- 1 9x13 box of brownie mix
- 26 Mint Oreo cookies, chopped
- 2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 drops of leaf green food coloring
- Red Hots candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to the directions on the package.
- Chop 16 Oreo cookies into quarters and mix them into the brownie batter.
- Chop the remaining Oreo cookies into quarters putting them into another bowl. Set aside.
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.
- Check the brownies to see if they are completely cooked.
- Once baked, put the baking pan on a wire rack allowing the brownies to cool.
- Bring a saucepan filled with water to simmering.
- Put a heat-safe bowl on top of the pot of simmering water.
- Pour the white chocolate and heavy cream in the bowl. Stir constantly until melted. Take white chocolate chips and heavy cream mixture in the bowl off the heat.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Now add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir well to combine. (You can add more mint extract, up to 1/2 teaspoon.)
- Quickly pour the ganache on top of the brownies.
- Sprinkle the remaining chopped Oreos on top of the ganache. Sprinkle on the red candies.
- Chill the brownies, allowing the ganache to set for at least an hour.
- Cut the brownies into bars and serve or store.
Post a Comment
Leave Me Some Comment Luv!