One of my most loved holiday memories is baking cookies for Santa. Now as a mom, I enjoy passing along the joy to my daughters in hopes they too will remember these precious moments for a lifetime to come. With that in mind, please enjoy this year's Santa cookie selection:
Holiday Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2-1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups holiday red, green and semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 375-degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugars. Add the vanilla extract and stir.
- Sift in the flour, salt and baking soda and mix to combine. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is creamy.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonful onto your prepared pans.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to completely cool.