If you have some persistent odors in your home, there are a few things you can do to remove them. The work might be hard, and if you are not in good physical condition, you might need to call in the experts to do some of it for you. Some odors can permeate the fabrics and textiles in the home and become offensive. These odors should be removed to make your home more comfortable, presentable and marketable one day. Some odors that are more common in homes are fish and curry odors, oven fire odors, cigarette smoke odors, pet odors and odors from incontinence or an illness. Below are some of the ways you can get these smells out of your home.
1. First, try to air your house out. Open all your doors and windows. Place a large fan outside where it will blow fresh air inside, and use a second fan to exhaust the smells out.
2. Next, try replacing your attic insulation. Odors from cooking rise up through the heat and get trapped in attic insulation. The insulation has no way of being effectively deodorized or cleaned and needs discarding. Clean the entire attic, and let it dry out. Replace the attic with new insulation. Make sure you have an exhaust fan and hood over the stove to keep cooking odor problems from occurring again.
3. Work on cleaning your carpets and furniture. A steam extractor works great for cleaning upholstered furniture and carpets. Professional carpet cleaning in Orange County is available if you are willing to hire someone to do the job right. Hiring a professional may cost more, but professional equipment can remove odors that are persistent or deeply imbedded in your carpets and fabrics. It is almost impossible to remove odors from mattresses and pillows made of foam. These items may need discarding and replacing.
4. Keep the air circulation in the home cleaner by changing the furnace and air conditioning filters every single day until you no longer have the smell in your home. The odors get caught up in the ducting. If you cannot get rid of these odors using this method, you might need to call a duct cleaning service to professionally clean your ducting system. This will get rid of are the particulates stuck in the ducting system.
5. Clean the kitchen entirely. Open all the cupboard doors, and take the out cabinet drawers. Wash everything inside out, and pay attention to door hinges and drawer slides. Unplug the refrigerator and stove, and wash everything from the inside out. Get behind the stove to clean, and make sure you clean the refrigerator coils.
Try some of these cleaning tips to remove odors from your home. If you have no luck, call in the professionals.